On February 18, 2014, Tor Books is releasing a new special edition of the first two titles in R. A. Salvatore’s Saga of the First King series: DemonWars: First Heroes. If you live in Canada or the U.S., you could win one of three copies.
If you are unfamiliar with the first two titles in Savlatore’s First King series, below is a brief synopsis:
In The Highwayman, Salvatore takes his readers back to his signature world of Corona many years before the DemonWars, introducing a fascinating new hero. The roads are unsafe to travel; goblins and bloodthirsty Powries search out human prey. Two religions struggle fiercely for control. Only the Highwayman travels freely, his sword casting aside both Powries and soldiers. The people need a savior, but is the Highwayman on a mission of mercy…or vengeance?
In The Ancient, Bransen Garibond is tricked into journeying across the Gulf of Corona to the wild lands of Vanguard, where he is pressed into service in a desperate war. If Branson fails, all who live on the lake will perish, and all of northern Honce will fall under the shadow of the merciless and vengeful Samhaists.
DemonWars: First Heroes is available for pre-order on Amazon, or wherever books are sold.
If you don’t want to wait for pre-order, and if you live in Canada or the United States, three Geeky Pleasures readers will win a copy of this book, courtesy of Tor Books.
As a bonus, you can listen to my interview with R. A. Salvatore.
- Residents of Canada and the United States only.
- Leave a comment. It’s that simple. If you want to make it interesting, what is your favourite fantasy creature or race?
- Only one comment per person. Leaving multiple comments will disqualify you. When leaving a comment, please use a valid e-mail address so that I can notify you if you win.
- You have until Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 23:59 PST to leave a comment. At that time, I’ll use a random number generator to select one winner. The winner will be notified by e-mail on Friday, February 21, 2014. The winner will be announced in the comments of this post on Friday, February 21, 2014 before 16:00 PST.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail me.