On Wednesday, January 16, 2013, I sat down to a conversation with the award winning science-fiction author Pamela Sargent. The interview aired during the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show at The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247) on January 18, 2013.
It was a pleasure to chat with Pamela. I think you will find this conversation to be quite interesting. If you missed the interview, have no fears. The interview is available below for your downloading and listening pleasure. But first, the show notes.
- Things we discussed during the interview include: The Seed Trilogy; The evolution of YA, “adult themes” and how parenting has changed; The influence of social media on our perceptions of the world; A long discussion about Farseed; Evolution of women in Sci-fi – both as authors and characters; Pros and cons of authors reading the work of peers; Becoming a fan of sci-fi, the subculture around it, and the evolution of the community thanks to the Internet; Pursuing Philosophy and changing trends in academics; Differences between science-fiction and fantasy; Influence of Star Trek and writing licenced Star Trek novels.
- At the beginning of the interview, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott)
- The length of the interview is 1 hours 32 minutes 25 seconds
- The size is 84.6 MB
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo
- To download the interview, right click save as this link.
Alternatively, you can stream it below. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you may need to visit the site in order to stream it.
You can read my review of Farseed on Wired’s GeekMom.