The Secret World’s Manhattan Exclusion Zone Raid Now Available, Issue #5 Details Revealed In New Game Director’s Letter
Funcom is excited to announce the release of the very first raid experience for ‘The Secret World’, the company’s modern-day massively multiplayer online game. The Manhattan Exclusion Zone puts players in the middle of a devastated Times Square where they must battle skyscraper-sized monsters and unlock new pieces of the puzzle that is ‘The Secret World’.
The raid is part of ‘Issue #4: Big Trouble in the Big Apple’ – the biggest update yet for ‘The Secret World’ – which is now LIVE and ready for players to experience for themselves.
Since launch this summer the team behind the modern-day MMO has cranked out four major updates and in a letter posted to the community today, Game Director Joel Bylos has now lifted the veil on what is to come in Issue #5. Available in December, the issue will include goodies such as a new auxiliary weapon, new missions, a new story arch centered around a new character, and much more.
For more information about the recently launched ‘Issue #4: Big Trouble in the Big Apple’ update, please visit the official website.
Here is a list of some of the content and gameplay mechanics added in Issue #4:
- New York Raid - The first raid in The Secret World and our take on how a raid can feel and play in a story and atmosphere heavy game.
- Fusang PvP Revamp – Revitalizing the PvP gameplay in The Secret World is very important to us and is a part of our larger mandate of increasing faction conflict in the game. The revamp gives people a real reason to go to Fusang, whether alone, in a small group or as a zerg.
- The Albion Theatre – Something for our role-players, the Albion Theatre feature provides people with a place to rehearse and put on plays for each other.
- The Chainsaw - Starting from a new mission with Dr Aldini, players will have access to the chainsaw auxiliary weapon.
- Reticule targeting mode – Press T in the game to switch to reticule targeting mode and see if you prefer to play that way. I suspect it is going to become the new favorite way to play for a lot of our players.
… and much, much more.
For more information about ‘The Secret World’ or to gain access to the free trial, please visit www.thesecretworld.com today.