Geeky Pleasures, the website, has had many changes over the last few years, including a move to a dedicated server at the beginning of this year, thanks to a sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous, but can publicly be known as Skookum Monkey. This was shortly followed by a DDoS attack that destroyed the server, resulting in everything needing to be built from scratch.
Since that event, there have been many other attacks, another complete server move, a change in domain name, and more.
The Geeky Pleasures Radio Show has also gone through many changes. For five months, it was completely off-air. It has been on three different radio station, now having a permanent home on my radio station, The Look 24/7. The Look 24/7 would not be on-air if it were not for its dedicated listeners, who were willing to help fund and launch the station. Geeky Pleasures Radio Show interviews also became available on iTunes.
Despite multiple down periods, multiple changes, and a lot of upheaval and some uncertainty, many of my readers and listeners have remained very supportive and dedicated. I wish I had complete visitor counts since I launched this website in 2009. Unfortunately, those numbers were lost during the attack at the beginning of this year. However, since the beginning of February 2012, Geeky Pleasures has enjoyed a modest 2, 447, 015 pageviews — as of the time of writing this post.
Thank you for that!
To thank you all for your support, one Geeky Pleasures reader will receive 1-Year hosting with Skookum Monkey.
The package includes:
- 50,000 MB storage space;
- Unlimited bandwidth;
- 10 FTP accounts;
- 100 e-mail addresses;
- Unlimited e-mail lists;
- Unlimited MySQL databases;
- Unlimited sub domains;
- 10 parked domains;
- 10 addon domains;
- Shell access;
- Frontpage extensions;
- CGI access;
- 282 Softaculous scripts
- SHOUTCast Hosting with unlimited bandwidth- You can choose one of the following:
- 32 kbps – 100 Listener
- 64 kbps – 50 Listener
- 128 kbps – 25 Listener
- Leave a comment telling me about your favourite Geeky Pleasures — either something you’ve read on this site, or just something that you really geek out over.
- Only one comment per person. Leaving multiple comments will disqualify you. When leaving a comment, please use a valid e-mail address so that I can notify you if you win.
- You have until Monday, September 17, 2012 at 23:59 PDT to leave a comment. At that time, I’ll use a random number generator to select one winner. The winner will be notified by e-mail on Tuesday September 18, 2012. Winners will be announced on this website on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, at 16:00 PDT.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail me.