On Wednesday, May 11, 2011, I had the real pleasure of interview Dan Freeman (@SageofTheWaves), writer/ director/ producer of The Minister of Chance (@MinisterChance) for my Geeky Pleasures Radio Show on The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247). It aired on Friday, May 13, 2011.
- During the interview, we discussed the following: Reasons for profanity in The Minister of Chance; Comparison between radio in the UK and Canada; Dan’s history in radio and Death Comes To Time; Talked about Sylvester McCoy; Technology and the doors it has opened for media creation; Reasons for creating The Minister of Chance; Independent content creation and the internet, plus pros and cons; Differences in the entertainment industry Canada, US and UK; Casting the actors and how they came aboard; Producing and editing The Minister of Chance; The real life messages/ social commentary in The Minister of Chance; What’s next for The Minister of Chance; Time it takes to record and produce; Post-production process; Timeline for new episodes once funds are secured; Long terms goals; Dan’s media influences; Discussed the various actors and their roles; The acting process in an audio role; How The Minister of Chance been received; Other possible mediums for The Minister of Chance; Local scenic inspiration for The Minister of Chance; and The Commonwealth.
- At the beginning of the interview, you will hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Christopher Cogott.
- There is some NSFW language.
- Total runtime: 1 hour 46 minutes and 34 seconds.
- Size: 97.5 MB
- To download, ‘right click – save’ as this link.
Alternatively, you can listen to it below. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you’ll need to visit the site in order to stream the interview.