On Friday, March 25, 2011, the delightful Steve Hockensmith (@MrHockensmith), author of such wonders as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After, sat down with me for a live interview for the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show on The Force 925 (@TheForce925).
Per what seems to be normal these days, we went over by an hour and had a lot of fun doing so. It was a real pleasure geeking out with Steve for nearly 3 hours.
Below you will find the show notes, as well as download link, or you can listen to it here. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you’ll need to visit the site in order to stream. I hope you enjoy!
- There is some white noise/ static in the background of the interview. That was completely my fault as I had the preamp up way too high. Unfortunately, I couldn’t clean it up without completely distorting the entire sound. If you don’t listen with headphones, it isn’t that bad. If you listen with headphones, I do apologise.
- There is some not suitable for work language. You’ve been warned.
- Things we discussed during the interview are: Steve’s journalism career and career as an author; PPZ: Dreadfully Ever After (read my review here) and the PPZ series in general; cheese and satire; Night of the Living Trekkies; Star Trek vs Star Wars; Triwizard Drinking Tournament at PAX; Sylvester McCoy, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit; Doctor Who; reboots and reimaginations; family; books and reading; language and accent; multitasking and evolution; robot overloards vs zombie apocalypse; comics; and then ended where we began on zombies.
- At the beginning of the podcast, you will hear the new Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott).
- Time: 2 hours 43 minutes 30 seconds
- Size: 149 MB
- Format: mp3, 128 kbps 44.1 khz stereo
To download, ‘right click save as’ this link.
Alternatively, you can listen below.